Thursday, January 21, 2010

The soap opera of John Edwards

He already admitted he had lied repeatedly about his affair with Rielle Hunter. Then in August 2008, after admitting he had become “increasingly egocentric and narcissistic,” he told the press he “will have nothing more to say.”

Then came “Game Change” revelations published in the New Yorker this month by journalists who belong to the MSM clique that scoffed at the tabloid story for so long:

“As for Elizabeth Edwards, she is reportedly now urging John to accede to Hunter’s demands and take responsibility for his paternity of Frances Quinn—a dramatic and no doubt painful turnabout from her position eighteen months ago. Confronted then with the Enquirer photo of her husband cuddling Hunter’s baby, she insisted to Palmieri that she still believed he was not the father. ‘I have to believe it,’ Elizabeth said. ‘Because if I don’t, it means I’m married to a monster.’”

The “monster’s” admission comes this morning to NBC News:

“I am Quinn’s father. I will do everything in my power to provide her with the love and support she deserves. I have been able to spend time with her during the past year and trust that future efforts to show her the love and affection she deserves can be done privately and in peace.

It was wrong for me ever to deny she was my daughter and hopefully one day, when she understands, she will forgive me. I have been providing financial support for Quinn and have reached an agreement with her mother to continue providing support in the future.

To all those I have disappointed and hurt these words will never be enough, but I am truly sorry.”

As usual, the confession is as calculated as an algebra exam. Edwards is preempting the publicity wave that will hit next month when a tell-all book by Andrew Young, a longtime aide to Mr. Edwards, is released. Young participated in a distraction ruse claiming he was the father of Hunter’s baby.

Like sands in the hourglass, these are the prolonged days of Edwards’ lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment